Employment Opportunities in South Boston
In a Nursing Home every department is important. Our employees are an integral part of the Home, and the quality of patient care depends in large measure on them. It is a kind, gentle, patient, cooperative and friendly attitude in being with and working with our residents that is the spirit of Marian Manor.
If you would like to become a part of the Marian Manor family and share in the work of the Carmelite Sisters who devote their lives to the care of the Aged, the Sick and the Infirm, then please inquire below.
Marian Manor is one of the largest employers in the South Boston community. Our basic philosophy is to enable each resident to function at the maximum of his or her capacity and to enjoy to the fullest the long life with which God has blessed him or her. To accomplish and maintain this goal, we must all work together. We offer a wide variety of employment opportunities.
For further information regarding available positions, contact Human Resources. To complete an application, the Human Resources Department is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
Human Resources Department
130 Dorchester Street, South Boston MA 02127
Tel: 617-701-1429 | Fax: 617-268-4962
FT RN Unit ManagerPromotes and restores patients' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs. Assures that regulatory standards of licensing agencies are met, and that facility and department policies are upheld. Identifies staff’s strengths and provides counseling and individual in-service education as needed. Supervises all staff working upon the assigned unit from both an administrative and clinical perspective; directing and developing staff. Guides and fosters growth of RN’s, LPN’s and CNA’s.
- Responsible for 24-hour nursing management of resident care and staff performance on assigned unit.
- Establishes realistic goals and priorities for work, based on unit and departmental needs and objectives.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities on assigned unit to achieve a comfortable and homelike atmosphere for the residents.
- Is resourceful and creative and able to originate new approaches to problems; flexible to changing needs and willing to take reasonable risk.
- Delegates responsibility and authority appropriately, and insures that delegated responsibilities are carried out.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of unit personnel.
- Encourages open communication among staff and throughout the organization.
- Maintains good rapport and a cooperative spirit with families, social worker, physicians, NP’s and others who collaborate in the well-being of the resident.
- Insures that staff performs according to established guidelines, policies, and regulatory practices; offers constructive feedback and re-education as needed; holds staff accountable for the quality of their work.
- Participates in planning budgetary allocations for unit and insures successful achievement of budget allocations.
- Spends sufficient time on evening and night shifts to assure the care plan and regulatory compliance is achieved.
- Is fair and respectful in dealing with all levels of staff and able to cope with challenging situations and changing circumstances.
- Shows interest in the well-being of others, and provide support and encouragement to subordinates and colleagues.
- Exhibits strong work ethic.
Skills and Qualifications:Mass RN, Judgment, Supervision, Informing Others, Nursing Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Hospital Environment, Medical Teamwork, Listening, Pain Management, Administering Medication, Adult Health
General Statement of Main Functions:Performs repetitive cleaning tasks to maintain an assigned area in a sanitary, orderly and attractive condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proper use of assigned equipment and economical use of janitorial supplies.
- Clean assigned areas: sweep, mop and buff rooms, corridors, stairwells, officer and utility rooms. Wash walls, windows, blinds and baseboards.
- Requisition supplies and equipment.
- Dispose of refuse.
- Keep porter’s closet in good condition.
- Assist in moving furniture.
- May be required to perform laundry tasks, collect soiled laundry and distribute clean laundry.
- Assist with freight
- Report faulty equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Perform heavy cleaning routines such as stripping floors.
- May distribute supplies.
- Perform related work as required.
Qualification Requirements:Some experience preferred but not required. Training provided
Staff Nurses: Experienced RN or LPN
This position is part-time.
Assist Unit/Shift Supervisor in planning, organizing, developing ad directing the nursing unit activities in accordance with federal, state and other health care agency rules and regulations. Assist Supervisors in upholding the policies of the Nursing Dept. and those of the facility.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and licensed in the state of Massachusetts.
- Must be able to supervise ancillary staff an delegate duties to unlicensed personnel that are within their capability.
- Must be able to assess changes in condition from resident's baseline and respond to these changes appropriately.
Certified Nursing Assistant/CNA - All shifts available (FT and PT)
Assist in total, safe care of residents with dignity and respect by performing duties according to Policies and Procedures, information provided in Nursing Assistant Orientation Program, verbal and written instruction by Supervisors, on-going in-services, meetings and written Care Plans. Applicants must be enthusiastic, responsible and compassionate. Candidates must also enjoy working with the elderly.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- MA state CA certification required.
- Must be able to speak, write and read English.
- One to two years of previous nursing assistant experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Physical stating you can work without restrictions, dated within past 12 months.
- PPD/TB, dated within pat 12 months or clear chest x-ray.
Hours Available: 1st 2nd and 3rd shifts, Part Time. Our positions require working every other weekend.
Submit your resume online to expedite your interview!
Experienced Food Service Worker, Part-Time
Duties and ResponsibilitiesMay include all or part of the following:
- Follow all Policies and Procedures of the facility.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures. Work with the facility’s dietitian as necessary and implement recommended changes as required. Make only authorized substitutions.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to assure patient rights are protected.
- Follow established Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Review complaints of residents and make necessary oral/written reports to the Food Service Supervisor.
- Assure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist with inventory and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary. Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies. Assure that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform duties/services.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to the Food Service Supervisor immediately. Report all accidents/incidents to the Food Service Supervisor.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, for parties, etc.
- Carry soiled utensils etc., to wash area. Return clean utensils to proper storage. Carry out garbage.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed. Distribute menus as necessary.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution. Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas. Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, coffee shop, etc., and take to dish washing area.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, nourishment, etc.
- Operate cash register in Side by Side Café.
- Perform related work as required.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever condition they are currently functioning
- Experience working in the kitchen of a hospital or skilled nursing facility preferred.
- Must practice good personal hygiene.
Marian Manor Volunteer Form
Do you have a few hours you may want to fill with satisfying and rewarding work, and at the same time make someone feel good? Marian Manor is looking for volunteers to read to our residents, escort them to and from various functions, assist them in writing correspondence or just to visit with them. We also have other areas where a volunteers time would be warmly received i.e.: in Activities, the Gift Shop or Main Dining Room. If you are interested in sharing some of your time, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator using the form below:
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Marian Manor Nursing Home does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sexual harassment, retaliation, genetic information, military service, age, disability, mental illness and ancestry in the practice of hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment.