Our History and Mission
Marian Manor is a non-profit skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility offering short and long-term care located in the historic Dorchester Heights area of South Boston.
In 1929 in New York City, Rev. Mother M. Angeline Teresa founded the congregation of the Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm. Her desire was to preserve the independence and personal dignity of the elderly in the spirit of the American way of life.
In 1954, His Eminence Richard Cardinal Cushing invited the Sisters to take over the facilities of what was then Carney Hospital. It was transformed into a nursing home and was renamed Marian Manor in honor of the Marian Year of 1954. It has been renovated and upgraded over the years to be the fine facility we operate today.
The mission of the Manor, and of the Carmelite Sisters, is to provide holistic care in an atmosphere of Christian understanding and faith.
At Marian Manor, you will enjoy safe, secure and pleasant residences, delicious and healthful meals, a variety of amenities, and longtime staff who are knowledgeable, friendly, and caring.
To learn more about the Carmelite Sisters, their Community and their Mission please visit their website at www.carmelitesisters.com
Today, Marian Manor offers the following:
- Dedicated case manager, social workers, and therapists for individuals looking for a quick recovery from surgery or serious illness
- A homelike environment with long term skilled nursing care
- A safe environment for all individuals
- Respite care for seniors needing short term care or for adult children serving as caregivers
- Pastoral care for residents of all faiths especially for individuals at the end of life, support for their families, and links to local Hospice services
Located in South Boston, MA, we proudly offer multiple levels to accommodate to you or your loved ones. Contact Marian Manor at (857) 345-0297
To learn more about
Please select from the numbers below to request information, schedule a tour, career information, contact a resident and more.
Front Desk / Directions
Support / Donate / Volunteer
Tel: (617) 701-1429
Fax: (617) 268-4962
Levels of Care
Providing skilled nursing, personal care, respite and short-term rehab.